Thursday, October 1, 2009

I Don't Write Papers, I Write Movies

Ahh, October. Is it really already October? I guess it's time to pull out my favorite outfits again. Not only does October mean hoodies and flannels, it means it's time to start making movies again for school. One of my favorite parts of going to film school is that we don't do the conventional college assignments. Oftentimes we don't even really get much homework assigned, other than watching a movie. Since when did watching a movie count as doing homework?!

One of the things I love to say to my non-film school friends is that "I don't write papers for school, I write movies". Here is a short example of the only bit of homework I've done all semester. It's a short exercise showing a scene lit in a stylized way. I lit the scene as if two guys were watching television at night.

No comments: